Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Abooghitybah!


So guys, now I'm ACTUALLY in Melbourne. Out of Somerville, it was nice while it lasted but I was glad to go! Wills dogs were GETTING to me, man are they ever annoying... the solitude was amazing though, having a whole weekend to myself! So how's Melbourne? Big, and busy? I dono, what you would expect, really. The first fifteen minutes were pretty cool! I'm walking down the busy streets, about to cross at the cross walk, in search of a phone charger. And low and behold, who do I see? Ally! (an italian girl I'd worked with down in Esperance). So last night we met up with an Irish fellow, (whom she works with) and hit up a jazz club. This club is EXACTLY what you would expect right out of a 1950's film, minus the smoke. There was us three, and maybe two other souls in there, but it was fun none the less! As soon as the music began, oh wow, it's hard to explain. My head went heavy and my body light, my fingers even began to tingle! I would zone out and come to again with a big smile on my face. I don't know where I went in that time. Memories of the Porchers came rushing to (only mum, dad and anna would get this!)... nothing specific, just generals... the rope swing in the back yard, the hampster cages in the basement, the white stuccoed walls! So vivid, yet so vague at the same time, it's amazing all that can trigger your senses, no?

I've spoken with Yot and trip Adelaide to Darwin is a go! (Even with my close to null funds). It should be awesome though, I think I can learn a lot from Yot... He is super spiritual and very intelligent... he even gets my jokes! Which is a very, very rare trait in any human being. I'd been thinking about doing this 10 day meditation up in the blue mountains. No speaking, no eye contact, no writing, no music, no... nothing! I began talking with him about and, go figure, he does it once a year! He advised me not to do it unless I REALLY wanted to, but I'm sure I do, any experience that has the possibility of changing me in a positive way, I figure, why the heck not? It's all by donation too, you just donate as much as you're comfortable with... or however much you feel the program deserves.

After Darwin, I'm really not sure what I'll be doing, I'm going to NEED a job by then, no mucking around! I'll even go back to Esperance if worst comes to worst, work there for a bit until I figure something else. Ah, Esperance wasn't too bad, just Matt and Clayton are dickheads, but hey, what can you do? Anyways, just wanted to update while I have the opportunity to get to a computer, so you guys don't freak out wondering where in the world I am. Be well, I'll write when possible!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED that swing, dude. it was epic.
    hamsters not so much.
    miss you/love you!

    ReplyDelete