Thursday, May 6, 2010

If you find amusement in my pain, not all is lost

Hey friends. Just arrived in Melbourne after an awesome three days of traveling!

The booking of the tour was extremely last minute and I definitely booked it the day before we took off. I was hoping to leave most of my gear in Yots van before I left, so I didn't have to lug it all around Melbourne, but then I checked my bank account. Aaand I figured it safer to bring my stuff with me, just incase I don't get back to him and his van. In the hostel I became very close with Yot (Israel), Richard (Nigeria) and Salmon (Germany). I think it's crazy how friendships can be established so quickly. On my last night in the hostel in Adelaide I had a knock on my door and Richard told me to follow him, so I did... into the kitchen, where they had prepared a massive fiest for me in lieu of my leaving Adelaide. HOW CUTE IS THAT! hahaha I thought it was wonderful and a nice break from my constant easy macs.

We left Wednesday for the great ocean road, ah it was so gorgeous! We climbed the pinnacles, walked through the rainforest, stayed overnight in the grampians, saw the 12 (7) apostles. I saw my first Koala!! I was pretty excited, at first. Then quickly became very bored of them. I mean come on, DO SOMETHING. Move, or eat... watching you go to the bathroom would be a little more exciting than this. WAKE UP! Anyways, I was super stoked on the ocean road. SO happy to be back in the mountains, I hadn't realized how much I missed them. Everything here is just so flat. As for our group, well it was... an interesting bunch to say the least. A very, very privilidged group, all living and traveling off of their parents money. Dude, you're 23, grab yourself some independence for f's sake. Ah! This is probably just jealousy speaking, haha, I mean who wouldn't love someone supporting them?

So there was Cara (England), a loud, rich, and very spoiled girl. She just bought a Marc Jacobs necklace for 350 dollars... SORRY? I cringe when I think of coughing up 10 dollars for a campsite. However guys, this necklace was also a watch! All is justified! Then there was Naomi, ooooh my, where do I start with Naomi? Well, she was from Canada, and liked to talk about Canada, A LOT. Like, a lot, a lot. Hello Naomi, I don't know if you realized, but we aren't in Canada, and I don't know about you, but I left Canada for a reason. Yes, yes, I do miss Tim Hortons, no Naomi, I don't remember that big tree in Stanley park. And when she wasn't talking about Canada, she was talking about aliens. I'm not kidding, ALIENS!! How Beyonce and George Bush, Lady Gaga and Kanye all SUPPORTED ALIENS. Excuse my french, but I WAS NEXT TO A FUCKING QUACK. I soon tried to limit my time with her. And Sophie a young german girl. She was my favourite. However she definitely acted her age, and she didn't know when to stop talking. Three things these girls had in common? They were mindless drones, and liked to talk a lot of shit. I swear to you, if I had told these girls to get naked and jump in a pool full of crocodiles they would have done it. Cara liked to talk the bus driver down, (who was friggin' awesome, might I add)... "Why does she talk with an Irish accent sometimes? IT'S SO WEIRD." Well Cara, if you learned to shut your mouth for five minutes, you would have heard that Fleur lived in Dublin for 7 years. This may, or may not be explanation enough for you. Then Naomi would chime in "I KNOW, I mean just talk in your regular australian accent. And did you see the way she looked at me? She definitely hates me."....for good reason Naomi, for good reason. Then Sophie "I can't believe the Germans thought I was German, I'M OBVIOUSLY DUTCH. And they are so rude, they don't even talk to anyone else unless you know german.".....completely unrelated, sophie, but may I ask, have you tried? Because I have noticed they are actually full of brilliant conversation and very welcoming. Anyways, I could go on about these girls for days, they were absolutely horrendouse, but very entertaining at the same time.

SO, as for now, I am staying in Somerville (an hour or so out of melbourne), at Wills parents' place, house sitting for them until monday. I meeting up with Kris today! Yeeeeew, quite excited! As it has just been over a year since we have seen each other. I don't quite know what I am doing after melbourne, a job is definitely in the cards though, we'll see how it all goes! My fingers are still crossed about the trip from Adelaide to Darwin! (Don't feel guilty about sending me money, ha, kidding!) Anyways, hope all is well! Aaaaand... it's pretty awkward trying to end one of these things isn't it? I'll write soon later!

No comments:

Post a Comment